Wednesday, January 1, 2014

House detail, MSD, Ponte Vedra Beach

Happy New Year! To my faithful readers and friends. The MSD, I will explain, is an area of our town that is semi-autonomous. It sits between A1A and the ocean. It stands for Municipal Service District, my nominee for least interesting name for an area ever. It's a lovely little enclave with nice houses ranging from wonderful to ridiculous. I have never understood 17,000 square foot houses populated by two people. This is a very nice house that has some wonderful angles.

8 comments:

Martina said...

I will never get used to seeing Christmas decorations together with palms in one photo ;-)

Happy 2014!

James Weekes said...

We have been 20 years here since our move from Vermont. I have finally gotten used to warm holidays. We have some Australian friends from Provence, they own a house in Saignon. This year they brought their whole family to Saignon for Christmas and New Years, just to experience the holidays with cold weather instead of Summer.

Happy 2014 to you and the boyfriend!!

Martina said...

Eh, cold?

It's 11°C in Saignon (8°C in Mainz) - they chose the wrong year.

:-)

James Weekes said...

Welllllll....compared to Sydney it must feel cold.

Markus Spring said...

Hmm, somehow google ate my comment...

I like the iuxtaposition of round and angled in this image very much - the wheel of the trashcan, the palms, the window and the plaster pattern make the angles of the house stand out even more.

Martina said...

That's strange. I got an email on Mo 06.01.2014 09:59 with your comment, Markus.

comment eating gremlins?

James Weekes said...

For the last two weeks, Markus' comments have gone to the junk file in Gmail. I have no idea why. Maybe someone planted an anti-Bavarian filter on my blog:-)

Markus Spring said...

Ok, that relieves me. I was already thinking about Mad Cow Disease, Alzheimer's or something along that line...