Thursday, August 9, 2012

Downtown Jacksonville

My Kirk Tuck walk of the week. I hardly ever go to the downtown as there isn't much of one in Jacksonville. When you are a city of under a million with a land area greater than Los Angeles and surrounded by lovely beaches and open land there is no real urge to huddle up in the center. Therefore Jacksonville's core is mostly business buildings and few residential buildings. We were in town to go the the museum of science and history, MOSH, with our granddaughter. We all had a great time and the drove 15 miles to have lunch at the beaches.

3 comments:

Martina said...

Cool. The reflections are well captured. I tried this - as I try this every year - in La Defense, but to no avail. Somehow I rarely get the perspective right. Might be because I am a true 90mm'er (ha!) and have my troubles with wider angles ...

James Weekes said...

90mmer, eh? You are getting more fluent in American English every day. I was very lucky here as the clouds lowered the contrast between the sky and buildings enough to get a good file. Also lucky to be there with the Olympus EM-5 and the little 20mm Panasonic on it. I have been using the 45mm Oly more and more lately. Must be the influence of you ans Markus.

Martina said...

I did some statistics, now listen! ;-)
I have around 50000 photos on my hard disk.
Approx. 15000 were taken with a dslr.
From these 15000 4000 are 75mm, 3000 90mm and 3000 300mm.
Around 300 are 24mm with a lens I recently bought. Practising the wide angle approach, so to say.
Everything is 35mm equiv.

So I am a 75/90/300mm'er, to be true.
But I really feel best with my relatively cheap Tamron 90mm. I love this lens.