Friday, February 7, 2014

Chair, Jax Beach, Carl Weese light.

Today I had a dentist appointment in Jax Beach. Just a cleaning and check-up. I have just switched to this practice and have been late for the first two visits. So today, I got there an hour and a half early and wandered around Jax Beach with my new Olympus E-M5. I bought it as a backup to my other one. It has been over a year and I have finally bonded with it. I had to buy one of those guide books so as to finally have it set up the way that is right for me. Olympus has a notoriously obtuse manual, and menu system and a couple of the things that bothered me most were poorly explained. But now I love the little guys to the point that My Pentax stuff will soon be gone and the Canons are here only because of the Zeiss 35mm f/2.8 and the Sigma 50mm f/1.4. Just wonderful lenses that I am not ready to part with. I also still have my two bargain Lumix GX1s, which I love. So my Micro 4/3 kit is full.

Today was what I now call a Carl Weese day. Overcast, cold (for here) and windy. The light was as flat as could be. I have learned from Carl to really like this light. With digital capture's tendency to blow highlights and block shadows, flat light makes my post-production much simpler.

No comments: