Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Kitchen Sink at Rose Cottage

We were lucky in that Henrietta provided us with a very workable kitchen. As with all rentals I have learned to bring a few things. For this trip I remembered to pack a knife sharpener and a pound of ground coffee. I love a sharp knife and rental knives are usually really, really not sharp. The coffee in French groceries if very finely ground and a little bitter for my taste,( I later found a shop with wonderful whole bean coffee choices that were delicious) so I brought my favorite, Sumatran, with me. If you get coffee ground for you in France, the word to use for a drip grind is filtre.

This is the kitchen sink which looks out over the little square that Rose Cottage occupies. Like any good kitchen window it provides a view from which to nosily watch all of your neighbors from a perfectly explainable perspective. "I was rinsing some carrots when I saw you go by with that woman." A lot of good meals started in this sink.

No comments: