Monday, December 9, 2013

My first Mac post

I was convinced by my computer guy that the cost of bringing my old and slowing PC up to speed would be about the same as a new computer. He also said, why not look into a Mac? He suggested I get the Mac-mini to start. So I ordered on from MacMall. He came and got it all connected and got my new cable modem up to speed. I now have a tiny, quiet computer that is three times as fast as my old one, has four times the memory, a huge hard drive and an OS (OS X Mavericks) that is very intuitive. It feels like a PC done right. (I know, I know, a PC is a Mac done wrong;-) I am not PC bashing, I used them for 30 years and don't have any of the horror stories Mac people love to relate about PCs. This is just, for me, better. I had no trouble downloading and setting up Photoshop CC and it runs faster.

I have made my way into the program enough to have made this file, put it into a folder, and posted. Woo-hoo. This is the back of a Cheesecake Factory at our St. John's Town Center shopping mall. I love the color to contrast the evergreens.

No comments: