Saturday, January 18, 2014

Last Sunday on Third St., Jax Beach

 We live here on the Atlantic coast. With the ocean about a mile from everything. Here on Third St. or A1A, we are 1/4 mile from the sea. Therefore we usually have a lot of moisture in the air. This creates a soft light and takes a little intensity from the colors. Every now and then we get a very dry air mass that gives us crisp, clear light. All of us photo types run out and shoot because it is so rarely that we get the chance. I had my Olympus EM-5 with the Sigma 19mm f/2.8 lens on it. This is by far the least expensive lens that I have for my Micro 4/3 cameras and yet it is in the top half of all of the lenses for clarity, or presence. I don't like sharpness as a definition because it isn't that important to me. Every lens I have is sharp enough to make a good 13x19 print from. This is just a neat, light anonymous lens that fits my eye very well. It is the equivalent of a 38mm lens in 35mm. It still only costs $199.00 at any of the usual suspects.


No comments: